Thursday 31 March 2011

Countdown to exams

Having spent several days ploughing through the 'verbal' textbooks, I now find myself second-guessing every sentence I type and wondering whether I am using the correct structures and idioms(!!!!!!) - hopefully this will wear off soon as I'm not sure I can keep sane if this continues.

I've also had the chance to run through McGraw-Hill's 'Conquering GMAT math' 2nd ed again.  In short - a good basic overview of some of the maths required for the test, but it is *basic*.  For tougher questions, I'd look elsewhere and be warned - this book has quite a few typos and errors throughout, including within the 'gmat practice test' section..

I have also been grabbing as much as is available on grants, loans and scholarships - although it still seems there is still a gap between what I can afford and what is available.  Hopefully I will have time in the coming days to post links, as soon as I have had chance to digest all the information.

Finally, this years birthday present to myself is: the exam.  Oh great.  Two weeks and counting.

Free stuff
Todays jolly freebie comes courtesy of Kaplan (yet again). < http://www.kaptest.co.uk/ >  I've booked myself onto one of their free test and review seminars - basically they e-mail out a full set of questions to work through (try to do this against the clock under usual conditions) and then have an evening session to run through the result.  At the very least it provides yet another full set of questions to work through for practice material.

No comments:

Post a Comment